To Enjoy Your Winter Months
You Need To Prepare Your Vehicle
- Change the oil and filter, Check all fluid levels and top off, (as per mileage interval)
- Check all external lights and horn. Air up tires and the spare too.
- Test the battery condition, alternator output, starter draw.
- Check the wipers, replace as needed.
- Pressure test the cooling system, check all hoses and clamps, check operation of the thermostat.
- Flush and fill the cooling system.(every other year)
- Check accessory drive belt condition and tension.
- Mount studded tires if you use them, otherwise rotate the tires with the best to the front, clean and adjust the brakes.
- Balance the tires.
- Flush the brake fluid. (per maintance schedule)
- Replace the spark plugs. (per mileage schedule)
- Check and replace filters as needed.
- Check transmission operation and condition of fluid.
- Check the condition of the exhaust system.
- Check the operation of the shocks/struts, and inspect the suspension.